Dane is sick AGAIN and he has been such a trooper. He has the stomach flu that has been going around (technically it isn't the "flu" but that is what everyone calls it). He hasn't been able to eat for three days. Today is day four and we are finally seeing a possible end to this horrible virus. There have been times he thought he was actually dying and times he took it better than I ever would. He is exhausted from not being able to sleep because he has to run to the bathroom so often. Today he was able to eat about three bites of a peanut butter sandwich (and knock on wood) it hasn't left his body. Keeping him hydrated has been a challenge but I think we are finally getting somewhere. It is a beautiful day in our area and he wishes he could play outside. This is my first experience with a illness like this with the boys so just as I was on day 4 of fever with bronchitis two weeks ago, I have been on edge diligently cleaning, sanitizing, praying, researching remedies, and stressing out.
While Dane has been wondering what Heaven is like the last four days (his words, not mine) Dylan has been trying out for a part in the next Twilight movie.
I put on my new playlist and the fun began...
Dane and I recently had a big-boy talk about the Easter Bunny so when the topic of the Easter Bunny is coming tonight came up Dane says, "I hope the Easter Bunny buys me...wink..."
Dylan in complete shock says, The Easter Bunny is a real bunny? Impossible!
Me: Who do you think the Easter Bunny is if not a bunny?
Dylan: Well, how could a bunny deliver baskets to everybody in the world?
Me: I don't know. How do you think he does it?
Dylan: Well, I think he goes through a portal.
Randy loves Easter, can't you tell? He hasn't witnessed the boys getting their Easter baskets on Easter morning in five years. He also gets very enthusiastic when we dye eggs, can't you tell?
Our cat takes after Randy.
This is Dylan's evil face...he thought he was getting away with sneaking candy.
So, this is about all of our weekend excitement so far. Last night I tended to a sick child while trying to keep a hyper child away from Randy's poker night downstairs. I hope we are all well enough to put on our Easter outfits and make it to church tomorrow.





April 12, 2009
What a great post. I love how your pictures tell the story. And what a great camera. The colors are so vibrant, the Eggs look great! Tell Dylan he looks like Edward! haha Good to hear Dane is better, Mom said she talked to you and he was beetter. Was he able to sleep last night? Ray is sick with something similar but not as bad. we didnt make it to church this morning but watched two on tv... does that count??
Have a great Easter! Sounds like you made the best out of the weekend. Can you beleive this weather, I am convinced the pool is going to run over. Donna