The big event of the weekend was the changing of the earrings. Megan had her ears pierced and chose this weekend to change the earrings for the first time. I was given the honor of helping. She sported the adorable snail earrings she purchased for the event and changed into the cupcake earrings I bought her off and on all weekend. Michele is so good at letting me be apart of the girls' girly events. Since it doesn't look like I will have a daughter in this lifetime I hope I can intrude in on the prom dress shopping and wedding plans too.
With warm weather on Saturday we spent a lot of time outdoors. The boys enjoyed the four-wheeler. Dylan took Emily for a ride when Michele was preoccupied. Grandpa did what all Grandpas do, he let the kids do what they wanted in spite of the nervous parents and reassuring us "they are fine".
This brought back a sweet memory of exactly five years ago when Dylan took Emily for a ride on the battery powered motorcycle. I can't believe looking back we were nervous over a possible injury on such a small toy and now we have a real reason to be nervous with the possible danger a four-wheeler can bring.
We were in Joplin last year for Easter with our friends Jeremy & Christi and their two children trying to find blessings while praying our son would survive. It's still hard to think where we were last year; so much has changed. Anyway, I digress and do have a point... My family gathered and enjoyed Mira's first Easter in America last year and we missed it so it was fun to watch her hunt the eggs and remember Dane and Dylan at that age.
Dane has been a little depressed lately over his best friend moving to a different school and his bronchitis over spring break made it impossible to see him so we had him over on Saturday for a few hours. They allowed me to snap a photo before they retreated to the game room.
This morning we were treated to breakfast at my sister Donna's house. Michele and Donna prepared a very yummy spread! This was the first time Donna & Ray treated all of us to breakfast and they are back in their new house but somehow no one took a photo of the event!
One last thing to share from our fun weekend...Michele and I met Kelly, a fellow blogger, over the weekend. She is just as pleasant and sweet in person as you would imagine from reading her blog.
With our Easter related activities this weekend and me teaching about Palm Sunday to my church kids today it sure feels like Easter.
I hope you all have a great week!





April 05, 2009
How funny to go from reading Kelly's blog to this post! I love Emily on the bikes. She looks born to ride!