I hope all you mothers enjoyed your special day and felt very loved all day.
My boys did a great job at making me feel loved and appreciated. I got some really cute cards from all my boys and my sister Michele. My parents gave me a beautiful rose. I opened a bottle of wine tonight, my favorite inexpensive merlot.
I spent my day relaxing in the morning enjoying my cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese that Randy drove to Panera to get for me. Then, got in my freshly hand washed car compliments of Randy and headed off to church. Afterward, we went to my parents' house for lunch and to spend time with my sisters and cousin in from Boston with her daughter. Sorry, no pictures but will get some later in the week.
We have been working on lots of home improvement lately so I asked for no gifts this year. Randy couldn't help himself and did buy me headphones for my travels. The ones my seat mate shared with me on the plane last week minus the "Bose" brand. They eliminate the white noise from the engines and since white noise makes people tired it will help me stay refreshed while traveling. That was the sales pitch from my seat mate. I just like the idea of no loud engine noises while I listen to my ipod.
I always get the itch this time of year to redecorate. The boys learned that the reason I always seem to be watching decorating shows is because there are channels dedicated to only home improvement. They were amazed and was glad to have an explanation as to the coincidence that seemed to occur each time I turned on the TV there just happened to be a decorating show on. I am so excited to show our master bath and master bedroom makeover very soon. I am also working on my office makeover. For now, I purchased an end table for the living room and am showing a picture just to prove it to my sister in law. I have to say, it is lovely and long over due.
Here is my Mother's Day photo from last year.





May 11, 2009
I am glad you made it thru the day! I thought of you all day. Although I am thankful to be a mother, I always think Mother's Day is a sad day for all those who have suffered a loss, whether it's the loss of their child, their own mother or those who are unable to conceive.