twitter


I wanted to give you an update on how life is treating us these days. You may be thinking, it's been over three months since Linda announced she lost her job, what the heck is she doing and how are they paying their bills?!  If you aren't wondering then I am thrilled that your life is so enriched that my life doesn't have much consequence to you. If I were in your shoes, I'd be wondering and having one-sided discussions with my spouse while making dinner about how the heck you are surviving all the while my spouse would be saying, what does it matter to you? 

For those who are wondering keep reading and those who aren't you probably wouldn't be reading my blog anyway.  First, I will say I am very happy to be not working for a paycheck. I say that hesitantly because I am job searching and don't want it to get out to too many people that I am happy being a stay-at-home mom.  I haven't actually gone on any interviews yet but I have done some inquiries and prescreening for a few jobs. If the right job came my way I would take it and be happy.  I am getting unemployment and Randy has a good salary so we are not struggling to pay bills and haven't had to use our savings yet. We are thankful for that. 

When Randy convinced me we could sell the house to give me the option of making my SAHM status permanent I decided I really liked having options.  He then took it one step further and said, if we sell the house and I don't go back to work he would support expanding our family. I nearly choked but then reminded myself, I love options. Our house has been on the market a little more than two months and we have had five showings. After hearing from our listing agent, I am happy with five showings and the comments so far. I am enjoying our current spacious house as long as I can.

In the short term (the next three months) we are hoping that I either find the right job or that the house sells so we can downsize and discuss options again.  The good news is that we aren't in a situation where I am desperate and would take any job offered to me or sell our house below market value. I'm not stressed and know the path we choose next will be just fine.

I am staying busy but also love the down time I get to spend alone reading, writing, or scrapbooking.  The boys have field trips and school activities that I participate in. I am the team captain for Dane's tennis team plus he has lessons twice a week so that too has been keeping me busy. I drive the boys to school and pick them up which shortens my day. Running a household, keeping up with children and a husband takes up time and now that I don't have eight hours of my day filled with a work schedule I can leisurely go about my business without constantly running late. I am enjoying this time knowing it won't last forever. 

I am very grateful right now.

1 comments:

  1. You go girl!