Okay, I am typing. I am really doing this. Deep breath.
I was bitten by the blog bug last year and have really wanted to start a blog of my own for fun so here it goes - my first post. Who knows if anyone will read this and if not, oh well, I at least have the guts to try, right? Well, that is what I will tell myself as I crawl into bed each night dreaming of lots of visitors and comments. In all honesty, I believe it is the journey that makes it all worth it. I have lots of ideas on how to keep the blog interesting and I have a few fav blogs that I find the most fun so I promise not to steal from anyone but to use others for inspiration to my own creativity. I know my sister Michele will honor me with her readership so I have that. I have no idea how to do all the hi-tech fun stuff yet but I will get there.
In the past week I have taken the bold step to say "count me in". Here are my 2009 commitments...
Count me in to life was the biggest and boldest commitment I have made in the last 7-8 months. I want the year 2009 to be my most significant year. More on that later.
Count me in for a healthier and slimmer way of living with a fun competition to get it interesting. A group of my friends and I have decided to have our own Biggest Loser competition as we countdown the weeks to a girls weekend get-away. If confessing my digits weekly (privately and confidentially of course) to a group of beautiful, intelligent, and successful friends fails to motivate me to stay committed then nothing will.
Count me in for leaving the house to take my boys to tennis lessons. It has been a while since I made the commitment to squeeze in another activity to juggle. The boys started lessons 2x/week for the next couple months. This was a biggie for a couple reasons. First, my boys have tried soccer, baseball, basketball, karate, gymnastics, and tennis. The idea of playing a sport is much more appealing to them then actually showing up and putting themselves out there. Tennis has stuck for the time being and they both love it so far. Secondly, I haven't wanted to get out there myself. I have stayed in my hole as much as I could without being obvious and it is about time I came out and put on my brave face.
And finally, count me in as the newest blogger on the block!
7 comments:
-
You are off to a great start!! The site looks great and you are motiviational.
I wish it had notifications. I forget to check it when I get home from work. Donna
-
Oh, I missed being the first to comment! Oh well, best of luck with the blog. Love you!
-
What a great blog! Congratulations, Anita! You are now most certainly among those counted in!
Patricia, in MI
PS
I love the pics, too!
-
Hi Linda!
Great job on the blog. Love the pics! In fact, I love the whole "Count me in" approach.
-
Ooops! That was meant to say,
"Congratulations, Linda!"
Guess my dyslexia picked up 'Anita' from the side panel next to the comment box...so sorry!
Patricia
-
I totally get it! I felt exactly the same way when I started to blog. I kept thinking "Who will read it? There's nothing that interesting about us!?" I'm not sure that anyone other than your sister does, but I enjoy writing and I'll have a record for my kids. Congrats on taking the leap!
PS - I found you through Michele... I was one of Emily's preschool teachers.





January 19, 2009
Happy dance here! I was so thrilled to find this on line, as I can never get enough of my favorite boys and Randy and my Linda! I found you on Michele's site, as I check hers often! She is such great inspiration to me and I love to read about her girls!
Anyway, happy blogging Linda and keep it up! Anita :)
p.s. love the pics!