I saw the movie Bride Wars over the weekend. I thought it was funny and very enjoyable to watch. But please tell me why people are so inconsiderate? Sorry, I have to rant a little. I went to the movie alone and only five other people were in the theater when a lady and her granddaughter walked in, looked around and decided to sit in front of me. The lady looked right at me before she sat down in front of me while her little granddaughter sat in front of an empty seat. I gave her the best you are seriously not going to sit in front of me look I could while in the dark. Her head was blocking part of the screen so I got up and moved down a seat. The theater was freezing and if I had brought my hat and gloves I would have been wearing them so when I changed seats I wasn’t happy leaving behind the one I had just warmed up. Right as the movie was starting a group of younger people came in and sat behind me. Again I stress that there were only eight of us in the theater before they plopped down behind me smacking their popcorn, slurping their soda and who knew those popcorn bags were so noisy. I seriously considered leaving or moving chairs again. I went to the theater to enjoy being immersed into a film. If I wanted distractions I would have waited for the DVD and watched at home. Anyway, I blocked it all out and enjoyed the movie in spite of a rough start. I do recommend taking some girl friends if you go see it. My decision to go was impulsive and last minute so I didn’t bother calling any of my friends. Although, I would go see it again if anyone wants to get together for a girls night. One of my favorite lines from the movie was “Your wedding can suck it”. I am a fan of Kathy Griffin so I had to giggle at the “suck it” phrase.
I just love Ann Hathaway and Kate Hudson!
3 comments:
-
Loved this movie! And I love how they set it up to have a sequel!
-
OK I am going crazy for being iced/snowed in and no working email so this is the only way I know to connect to any of my fellow "losers" eating waaaaaay to much junk to medicate the cabin fever! LOVE the blog, can't wait to see Bride Wars....you rock!





January 25, 2009
Aunt Linda:
I went and saw bride wars with my best friend. We are still talking about it and we saw it like, what, 2 weeks ago!
I love your blog!
your neice,
Megan P.