twitter


Hope. What a great feeling. Today I feel so hopeful.


Early this morning my husband reading my mood so well after nearly 15 years of marriage decided he should help lighten my load so all morning he has been very cooperative and helpful making plans to help with errands and transport of the boys. I sat and drank my coffee feeling hopeful that this could last a good week.


While drinking my coffee watching and discussing the significance of January 20, 2009 feeling so hopeful that life as we know it may get better I smile and eagerly await Michelle Obama’s appearance so I can comment on her dress. I feel so blessed to work from home so I can keep CNN on all day. I am feeling even more grateful that my husband is working from home today so I have someone to share such a significant day with.


Today was my first official weigh in for my Biggest Loser competition with my friends. I must have gotten on and off the scale half a dozen times just to be sure it was right. Three pounds heavier than last Friday. Ugh. I took a deep breath and said I can do this feeling hopeful that it gives me more opportunity to lose for the next weigh in. I microdermabrasion’ed my face (is that a word?), plucked my eyebrows, put on my favorite pants, and ate a very healthy Dr. Oz approved breakfast.


Last night Dylan, after hours of moaning his stomach hurt, finally puked and puked in the kitchen trashcan. My husband on one side of the kitchen, I on the other with Dylan in the middle throwing up, we look at each other and both show our cards. Randy says, I am going out of town, I can’t get sick. I start stuttering realizing I have nothing better. I am in town all week and next week. Ugh. My turn to care for the virus infected child knowing all I have heard for two weeks is how the stomach flu is going around. When I woke up this morning and realized there was no more puking in the last 10 hours I was hopeful that it was an isolated event.


I am learning to grab hold of the moments of happiness so for today I stay hopeful.

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog!!! Love the words - especially hopeful!!!! Love the pics!!! You and your sister Michele are such great writers! I have enjoyed so much getting to know Michele through our job professions and getting back in touch with you!

    Shawna

  1. Yes, sometimes hope is all we have to hang on to! Great post!

  1. Welcome to "blog world"..I read Michelle's blog and I am pretty sure she is a faithful reader of mine, an I am glad to now be a reader of yours!!! Welcome!

  1. LOVE the hopeful symbolism. You are a true artist!!