I have a lot of random thoughts coming at you today...
Wow it sure has been a cold week! We were iced in for most of the week with school out for snow/ice for four days. The kiddos were loving it! For Randy and I the only disadvantage to working from home is that you don’t get snow days. We only lost power for a few hours – thank goodness! I was worried and did all the preparing I could in anticipation of multiple days without power. We were so grateful that something went to our favor for a change.
After 22 days of eating at home I decided to reward myself with a trip to Olive Garden. I was tired of being stuck at home and just needed a treat so I ate at a restaurant. Yes, I did it. I ate a food service establishment. I am thrilled to have made it to day 22 and know that I could have gone the last week but I felt like I made it far enough. I learned after the second trip to a restaurant over the weekend that I really do eat more when I go out and it really isn’t all that great (except you have no dishes to clean or floor to sweep afterwards).
On Saturday we went shopping and did our dining out. I found a nice cardigan set at Ann Taylor – you know it is all about the cardigan these days! Since I am not doing too well on my weight loss (oh boy do I dread tomorrow's weigh in) I decided I needed to buy something that actually fits me until I can get motivated to lose weight. I have been wearing the same three outfits over and over when I leave the house so it was time. I had my hair colored and got a pedicure. It was a fine day!
I was feeling pretty good after my shopping and salon treatments that I decided I needed to end my scrapbook hiatus. I started scrapping again but this time I did it digitally. It is limiting in the creative side but it is so easy. I don’t have to worry about symmetry and all that. It is much easier to play with the images and in the long run it may be faster.
Was the Superbowl not just so great yesterday! I am laughing because we had it on and our friends Jeremy, Christi and their kids Colton and Chloe came over but we did more talking than viewing. We did catch the history making play by the Steelers which was really cool. I was wearing my new cardigan set but forgot to get a picture of us on Superbowl Sunday to post for you. You know, it’s all about the cardigan these days. :)
Have a great week!
3 comments:
-
Oh, I dread the weigh-in too tomorrow. A whole week at home, stuck inside with nothing to do but watch tv and the weather. Plus, we had some good food for the super bowl. No - it isn't going to be pretty a the weigh-in tomorrow. ;( Still love the blog! I am just proud of myself for sending digital pictures through e-mail! I am so far behind in techno!!!
Shawna
-
Thank you SO much for the precious basket you sent me! I want to thank you - can you send your address o me? mrskellystamps@yahoo.com.
Thank you for thinking of me! We are HOME!





February 02, 2009
I just ran to Kohls and left with almost nothing b/c I didn't like the way everything fit. I ate out all weekend while we were at Nashville and I feel so yucky from it.