twitter


I am exhausted and exhilarated at the same time...it that possible? Friday night we went to our friends' house to celebrate their daughter's 9th birthday. Instead of gifts she asked for items to donate to the Bella Vista Animal Shelter where she and her brother volunteer their time. She is an amazing little girl. She invited me to her girl's night sleepover to help with manicures and hair before their night out on the town. Afterward, the girls begged me to go out to eat with them. I felt so hip! Just saying "hip" makes me so not hip. The girls were just too adorable for words. I had so much fun watching and listening to their conversations. Girls are so different than boys - it really is like we are from different planets. For the most part, the girls with straight hair wanted curly hair and the girls with curly hair wanted straight hair. It starts so young…

Here is a picture of the girls. They are the cutest!



It was all about girls on Saturday. My friend Kari who lives far away and part of the biggest loser competition was in town visiting a relative and spent the afternoon with me. She won the first week of our competition and was awarded the traveling t-shirt. It will be mine soon! I bought a new pair of workout shoes that came with a bundle of motivation. She has three adorable kids. Her son spent the afternoon with my boys playing video games while she, her two daughters, and I shopped. Aren't they darling!


I had a huge fill of girly-girl activities so today the boys and I headed to the walking trial at Lake Bella Vista after church.


We visited the Veterans Memorial.



We detoured by the water.



We fed the geese.



We ended our activities with a trip to Walmart where the boys got geared up for more tennis lessons. What else is there to do on a weekend besides shopping at Walmart?



As if they will be sweating in the indoor gym! Can you say Napoleon Dynamite?

The weekend was a great end to a hectic week. Although, I am exhausted! I took a long hot bath and in a bit I will pour my Sunday night glass of wine with the Walker Family (aka Brothers & Sisters on ABC).

In case you are wondering...I have had to step it up a bit the last few days for the biggest loser competition. A couple of the girls have put their game face on so my competitive instincts kicked in and I have been exercising and eating better. Tuesday is the weekly weigh in.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are getting some girl time in! Wait until Megan comes to visit. She is all about shopping and hair now!

  1. A well told and well illustrated story! Aren't weekends wonderful?!!?