My sister Michele turned forty this weekend and we celebrated for two days. I took the day off on Friday so I could hang out with her and get ready for a party I was throwing for her on Saturday night.
On Friday we went to a shop in Anderson to get my nieces a feather in their hair. I decided to get two small conservative feathers in my hair. They are hardly noticeable which is what I wanted. We later floated in my sister Donna's pool before heading to a Naturals game.
My parents and Donna & Ray reserved a suite so we could all watch the game and celebrate mine and Michele's birthday. The marquee showed our birthdays and was announced on the intercom followed by gifts brought to us. We received a signed ball, tee shirt, hat, and a calendar. We had such a great time!
The view from the suite was nice not to mention the air conditioning. The fireworks show at the end of the evening was a perfect ending.
On Saturday we floated in Donna's pool in the morning and the afternoon was spent getting ready for the party.
I did a black and white theme with purple accents. I ordered red velvet and vanilla cake balls and candied pretzels from Cake Girl's Kitchen. They are soooo good! I was the most excited about the dessert table in my dining room but all the food was good. Randy grilled chicken, I made a greek salad which is one of Michele's favorites, and we had lots of other food to feast on.
I felt like the party went really well. Conversations flowed all evening and the food was eaten (which is what I like to see).
My sister, Donna and brother-in-law, Ray were there. Donna made deliciously moist brownies.
Our friend Christi and her boyfriend John were there. Christi made a fantastic mac 'n cheese dish and amazing cupcakes.
Our friend Cheryl, her husband Raymond and daughters, Lindsey and Erin were there. Aren't they such a beautiful family. Cheryl made a yummy pasta salad.
Our friend Amelia and her son Andrew came over with the best guacamole. Andrew and Dylan played video games together all evening.
They were very happy to be left alone.
Our friend Kim was there with her boyfriend Aaron and her daughter Carley. I didn't get a picture of Carley. :( They are the funniest people I know. I have never met anyone with the quicker wit than Kim.
My parents and Aunt Liz were there too but I didn't get a picture of my dad and Aunt. My mom and sister Michele saved me from not having everything ready by the time everyone got there. I ended up not making one dessert I had planned due to time constraints. I chose to hang in the pool with my sisters rather than spend the entire day preparing alone.
The kids entertained themselves, fed themselves, and got along quietly all evening. I love that the kids are getting older and still get along. My niece Megan has grown up so much. She and Dane are very close and we hope they stay that way their entire life. They are only one year apart but see how much taller she is than Dane!
The kids entertained themselves, fed themselves, and got along quietly all evening. I love that the kids are getting older and still get along. My niece Megan has grown up so much. She and Dane are very close and we hope they stay that way their entire life. They are only one year apart but see how much taller she is than Dane!
She doesn't normally get dressed up in dresses and jewelry but that night was a special occasion and I LOVED her style!
Emily was super sweet and everyone enjoyed her.
Mira went from grazing the food to playing with the older kids.
This was their fort they built in the basement.
Lastly, here is the birthday girl with her husband Scott.
This morning we finished off the weekend with more floating in the pool. I think every weekend should be a three day weekend.






















July 27, 2011
Thanks for posting but especially thanks for hosting! What a fun night! Love you!