twitter


We went on vacation over the fourth of July and since our last few getaways have involved theme parks I got to pick the destination this time. You may remember I went to Fort Meyers in February for work and fell in love with the area. I loved that it didn't feel like a tourist destination but a true beach town and then we found out that Allegiant Air out of Springfield, MO flies direct to St. Petersburg, Florida so I chose this area since it seemed to be similar to Fort Myers. 

Over the next few days I'll blog about our adventure. We had one of, if not the best vacation we've had as a family.  The exciting part was, we didn't lose Dylan, not once!

We had to get up at 4:30am on July 2, to drive to Springfield to be sure we had plenty of time to arrive for our flight. 
Our travels went smooth.
I had to show off I was sporting my owl fashion on day one. 

We landed, headed straight to the condo at the Sand Dollar and was thrilled with what we found. Once we settled in we headed over to Bubba Gump Shrimp to eat. We found a grocery store to pick up some things so we could finally get settled in for the week.


This was the view from our condo.
It was lovely.

We did get in the water the first day.  Dylan decided to brave the waters in spite of his fear for sharks. He got 10 thrill points for overcoming his fear.  We kept up with thrill points throughout the week to ensure we had a super thrilling vacation. 

0 comments: