I want to add a little more to explain why this is even more so amazing to me. I have fantasized about being able to share our parental support to Kansas City but knew I just didn't have the ability to sustain it at this time. They are a 65 bed facility and have 15-20 long term stay preemies at any given time. I contacted four NICUs all within 120 miles from me that are smaller bed facilities and my assumption was they wouldn't have the resources larger hospitals have plus I could manage supplying another NICU the size of Joplin with our baskets. But, no one from any of the hospitals got back with me. So, I left it at that and said if our charity is meant to flourish into something bigger it will happen eventually and I trust that God can make it happen if he sees it necessary. Fast forward several weeks and I get an email from a nurse in Kansas City asking me if they could have our pamphlets for their moms. A mom had received a monkey basket prior to being transferred to their hospital and shared the pamphlet with the nurse. No where does it say which hospitals Declan was cared for in so I was happy to share with her that Kansas City was the last hospital we were in and how much it meant to me to offer something back.
I shipped out monkeys, blankets, journals, cameras and pamphlets for their mothers of preemies this week. It would not have been possible without the support of so many people. The donations Amy Worley and her Notre Dame H.S. Foreign Language students in Missouri made it possible for us to expand to such a large hospital. Thank you so much Amy for orchestrating such a generous donation!
Today I give thanks for all the pieces that fit together so perfectly to make a beautiful story.





March 13, 2009
Hi Linda, it's Amy Worley from Missouri. Michele just tipped me off about your page, saying I needed to check it out since you mentioned NDHS. I am so thrilled that our donations were able to help you out so much! I am humbled and honored to be associated with your organization & so glad we could assist. Hopefully one day we can meet! May God continue to bless you and your beautiful family.
Peace,
Amy