I haven't posted in the last week mainly because I have had a week where I am struggling with my internal gratitude journal. Over the last 12 months I learned 1) "things" can always get worse and 2) someone else somewhere has it much worse than I. Each time I have my internal dialogue of whining or complaining about something that did not go the way I wanted it to I stop and say at least one aspect of my life that is going right. It works every time but this week I stayed a little unstable and crabby because of it.
I was so unstable and crabby on Saturday morning that I took scissors to my hair. This is not typically a good sign and usually ends with me at the salon within 48 hours. This wasn't my first time. My last words were, it will grow back. I hope I don't look like my memory of Joan Jett in the 80's which is usually my fear when I go from no bangs to bangs.
I was so unstable and crabby on Saturday morning that I took scissors to my hair. This is not typically a good sign and usually ends with me at the salon within 48 hours. This wasn't my first time. My last words were, it will grow back. I hope I don't look like my memory of Joan Jett in the 80's which is usually my fear when I go from no bangs to bangs.
One of the items on my gratitude list this week was Dylan's performance as a cowboy at the First Grade Musical. After my speech in the car about how he needs to try really hard to do what is expected of him (the one he has heard thousands of times by now) he says after a very dramatic sigh, "Mom, you can trust me on this one". He was right, he did awesome!
His class had great costumes.I think I had a glimpse of "good Dylan" to prepare me for the rest of the weekend. Can you tell me what these three things have in common?
If you guessed ADHD you were correct! I think next to ADHD in the dictionary is Satan himself.
On Friday, Dylan stole the neighbor's newspaper and put it on another neighbor's driveway as he waited the five minutes it takes the bus to arrive. My mommy intuition kicked in and when I got that funny feeling in my gut I got up from drinking my coffee to check on the boys at the end of the road in time for me to catch this incident. Dane returned the paper just as the bus was arriving. I love how grandparents think things like this are so funny because if it had been me to do this at 6 years old my back side would have been so sore I wouldn't have been able to sit down for days. The day before he ran in front of the bus before it stopped at our street. With the warm weather and brighter mornings he just can't help himself. I will be walking him to the bus Monday.
Saturday, Dylan decided to take a walk down the street without telling anyone and again my mommy intuition kicked in just in time for me to go outside and see him rounding the corner away from the cul de sac. I suppose he knows he is in trouble so he stops to pick a flower from our neighbor's flower garden as a special gift for his mom.
Much later as he is in bed, early by the way, he calls out very cautiously, "Mom, can you come help me?" He has put a tooth that he lost a while back in his ear and it is now stuck deep inside his ear. After some ear wax removal and blowing his nose I finally got it out.
I can't even begin to bring myself to type what occurred this morning that led to him staying in bed for hours only to get up to eat or use the bathroom.
Let's just say after Dylan's shenanigans, Dane has been on his best behavior all weekend and has even caught up on some reading.
One more item from my gratitude list I will share...I received an email from Mercy Children's Hospital requesting the brochures I created for our charity It's No Monkey Business for their NICU moms. I am so excited to expand our cause! It seems as though a mom who received a basket from us showed the brochure to a nurse at Mercy when they were transfered to that hospital.




