I want to say how grateful I was to have so many friends and family thinking of us yesterday. I truly felt at peace during the day. It is difficult to explain but I felt everyone's kind thoughts and prayers following me around all day. Last night I think everyone went to bed and the prayers stopped (just kidding!) which is when I let it all out. I let so much out it woke Randy from his peaceful sleep.
Randy and I spent the day together and then picked up the kids from school and released balloons at the cemetery. I shut off my computer, phone, TV and just enjoyed the peace I felt. I went through our blog book and we watched our video of Declan. My friend Kim sent us a beautiful Azalea Tree, my friend Shawna sent us a big donation for It's No Monkey Business, so did my friend Amy, and my friend Christi brought us a delicious dinner in the evening and a pampering basket of goodies for me. We received lots of well wishes via voicemail and email which we so appreciated. It meant a lot that so many people remembered us on this anniversary.
Here are some photos from the day.
Randy and I spent the day together and then picked up the kids from school and released balloons at the cemetery. I shut off my computer, phone, TV and just enjoyed the peace I felt. I went through our blog book and we watched our video of Declan. My friend Kim sent us a beautiful Azalea Tree, my friend Shawna sent us a big donation for It's No Monkey Business, so did my friend Amy, and my friend Christi brought us a delicious dinner in the evening and a pampering basket of goodies for me. We received lots of well wishes via voicemail and email which we so appreciated. It meant a lot that so many people remembered us on this anniversary.
Here are some photos from the day.
This is my beautiful Azalea Tree from Kim.
Declan had some visitors at his burial site from family and friends throughout the day. It was a pleasure to see the items left for him.
Thank you all for thinking of us this week. We felt all the love.





March 21, 2009
Thank you for sharing. It was a difficult day for us. We went to the park and released some balloons and then as we were leaving, we got the call that our sweet friend Melaina (www.caringbridge.com/visit/melainacunningham) had passed away. I can't believe the tragedy in this world.