twitter


I am stepping outside my box this year. My home has been transformed into a new, lighter feel. I've always been drawn to bold, contrasting color schemes but for our new look we went with softer, calming colors. Someone told me recently that you don't really know a person until you've been in their home. This is so true. A person's home can reveal a lot about a person - just don't visit me when the laundry isn't finished and the sink is full of dishes. Don't look in my garage and for your safety stand back before opening a closet. ;-)

I searched for a "before" picture of my dining room but couldn't find out of the thousands of photos on my computer the right ones. Imagine the walls were close to the same color as the new curtains.

When we bought our round table the dining room became my favorite room the last few years. It is were we gather with friends and family during the holidays. It is where I put great effort to make our guests feel special and welcome in our home.

For our face lift, we took photos from our travels and framed them in a collage on the wall. This was a fun project and difficult to pick just one photo that represented the trip. Our photos came from Disney, Plymouth, Cancun, Cozumel, China, Germany, Canada, Eureka Springs, and New Orleans.





We took our entertainment center from the living room apart and used one end in the dining room to display my tea sets from the US, China, Venice, and Vietnam. It also stores my napkin rings, cloth napkins, place mats, and name holders.



We took our art from the entryway and placed it in the Dining Room. We took one of the trees from my "old" bedroom and put it in the dining room. The centerpiece was in my window separating the living room and kitchen.



The jury is out on the over-sized chair in the dining room. I put in there to get it out of the way and was curious as to how it would look. Its still there for now.

My kitchen was a cranberry color with a chef theme. I have to add here that I picked the chef theme six years ago before it was in every store you walk into and the advantage to this is that I have items that are unique. I was able to find before pictures of the kitchen. My favorite part of the kitchen is the view.




The only difference in my kitchen is the wall color. I moved a few things around to give a less cluttered look but basically the wall color is the only difference. It brightens and opens the kitchen up quite a bit. I have had a cranberry kitchen for seven years. It was time for a change. This color is off white with a hint of a yellow tone like the inside of an almond. Sometimes it looks yellow, sometimes cream.



When I get my entryway and living room completely finished I'll share those photos too.

P.S. You can click on any photo to see it bigger.

0 comments: