twitter


I've been super busy over the last month and haven't had time to sit, breath, and write. I have lots I want to share so it will have to be spread out over a few days.

First I'll tell you about my face lift...or our home's face lift rather. We've been in our home over five years, the longest we have ever lived in one place. Two things Randy and I have in common, spending money and the need for change. Within our home the year 2009 has been about a new beginning, maybe a forced new beginning, but a new beginning anyway. We, meaning I, needed a project. Every spring I get the itch and spend the entire spring deciding upon a project and then spend the summer completing it. Deciding to redecorate our bedroom was so cleansing that we were inspired to take on the heart of the house. We needed repairs done to the dining room due to water damage which was going to cause a repaint. Remember the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? Well, that was us.

If you repair the water damaged wall in dining room

You're gonna need to repaint.

If you repaint the dining room

You're gonna need new curtains.

If you buy new curtains

You will need to change your dining room decor which may come from another part of the house.

If you pull decorations from another part of the house

You realize before deciding upon a replacement decor you need to repaint the adjoining room to match the dining room.

If you repaint the adjoining room and then the adjoining space to that and then the adjoining room to that

You are going to need new furniture.

If you buy new sitting furniture for the family room

You realize nothing will match if you don't replace it all.

If you replace all the furniture in the living room

You're husband is gonna expect something of his own.

If you let your husband have something of his own a trip to Best Buy is a sure thing

and if Best Buy is a sure thing you will find yourself deliriously high from all the money you are spending that you may just agree to the most absurd purchase and insist you are too embarrassed to invite anyone over.

If you are ashamed by your needless slurge

You will begin a mental list of charities you could donate to.

If you make a mental list of charities

It reminds you of money.

Money reminds you of your multiple room project

and you will begin wondering which store that lamp was in that you loved so much.

If you buy a new lamp...


3 comments:

  1. I love the new pictues! are they recent. Is that one of Dane with a new haircut?! Had fun yesterday in the pool. Will have to do it more often. Donna

  1. Ha!! Love it and SO TRUE!! I kept staring at the kitchen when we were there, touching the counter and KNOWING something was different! Can't wait to see the new furniture pics!!!

  1. Funny!