The annual fundraiser by The Color of Hope benefiting the Arkansas Children's Hospital was last weekend. I was able to attend with my friends from Malt-O-Meal who was a sponsor for the event.
My friend Cheryl got me a ticket!
We had soooo much fun! The ballroom was gorgeous! It was celebrity wedding gorgeous with open bar and a nice meal. I didn't bring my camera and it would have been fun photographing all the fun but I got a few pictures from Cheryl to share with you.
Our group: Cheryl, Tammy, Me, Lisa, Doris and Kathleen
When I was on my second signature Hope martini I decided to step away from the silent auction. I left with no purchases and when the Fiji trip was up for live auction I ignored the auctioneer.
As with any charity event there must be a story that tugs at your heart so you'll open your checkbook and this year the story focused on the NICU and premature babies. It was a very sobering story and the only time the entire audience stopped talking to listen. I was a little nauseous and really wish I was in a better place emotionally to embrace the story without it hitting me too close to home. I was fortunate to be able to shake it off on the dance floor.
A Charity Gala isn't complete without a celebrity...







August 20, 2010
I love that picture of Dane holding Dylan. I show it at every craft fair!
What a fun day with the boys.