The National Institute of Health (NIH) is conducting a study of 1,000 children in an effort to find better drugs and a genetic link to ADHD. If you have two or more children with one having a diagnosis of ADHD and other children without a diagnosis you can contact the NIH and request to be a part of the study. Children need to be at least 7 years old to participate. They are a little over halfway to their goal of 1,000 children and need more participants. The study is at no cost to you.
Our family is participating in the study and I want to encourage others to participate so the NIH can reach their goal quickly. So far I have spoken to two people on the phone and will receive a packet in the mail then eventually will have someone come to our home to take a blood sample from each of us.
I am passionate about ADHD and hope to see more treatment options for our children. I also hope the researchers find better markers for the condition to help in prevention of ADHD.
To participate in the study call the NIH at 1-800-411-1222.




