Tonight I am thankful for family time. I may be against begging but I am not against bribing. We took the kids to the mall and a few other stores today much to their chagrin. After we went to a restaurant for dinner we walked around the mall last night and after about an hour Dane says, "This is why I don't like to leave the house, we always end up at the mall". Today, I told the boys if they acted really happy and if someone at a store commented on how happy one of them was they would win $100 to be spent anywhere they want. GAME ON! This was a moment I wish I could go back in time and re-do but can't. Dylan said "Good evening to you sir" complete with an Englishman's accent to one man who ignored him and then began saluting anyone he saw. Dane kept his face into a smile until it started cramping. The boys decided there were a lot of grumpy people out shopping today. It was the most pleasant shopping experiences I have had while toting around children who could speak and walk on their own. At one point Dane said, "I'm creeping you out aren't I?" When I realized they could actually pull off the act of "happy" I announced the winner as a tie and they had to share the money but since I thought they could have done better they were only getting $25 each. I plan to follow through with this since it worked so well. Not one of my finest moments as a mother but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.
This evening we watched the new movie Star Trek and had so much fun. The boys can't stay quiet during a movie so it turns into a fun time of Q&A. At the end Dylan says, "So the whole movie was about them wanting to blow up that ship?"
Tonight, I am thrilled that I have children so I can have family time and experience life through their eyes. I laugh so much more because of them. Tonight, I am glad my children have a mother and a father living in the same house as them. Tonight, I am thankful Randy and I have the time to spend with them. In spite of all the challenges, we can still manage to have a good laugh together which is what you need at the end of every day.
P.S. I am also thankful for pomegranite martinis. :)
Don't forget to comment on what you are thankful for today!
Don't forget to comment on what you are thankful for today!




