twitter


I am thankful for the kindness of strangers. 

One day recently Randy and I went into town for lunch so I could also run an errand.  I needed to ship a gift to our friends in Springfield who recently had a new baby boy.  I went to the local business I use for my shipping and while I was there I asked them to print my newsletters for our charity.  I brought my own paper to print the newsletters on and had already printed the back pages with the addresses on my home printer with the same paper.  When I was told by the local business they didn't have the type of printer needed for my paper I had to walk away empty handed.  I left in my car and said to Randy, "Why does everything have to be so difficult,"  feeling very discouraged. Before heading home I made a quick stop by another local business (A&B Reprographics) who has done work for me before to see if they could print the newsletters with my paper.  I was relieved when they said yes.  I went back later in the day to pick up the newsletters to be surprised with no charge on my bill.  The manager thought our charity was special and took care of the bill for us.  This saved our charity about $55. Not only was I blown away with gratitude I found myself thankful for being inconvenienced by being turned away at my first attempt.  It reminded me of an email that was sent to me on being thankful for heavy traffic, being detoured, running late, or whatever may be inconveniencing you in that moment because you never know when you may just miss an accident or when an opportunity may present itself.  

So I tell this story to remind us all to be thankful for everything even when it doesn't feel so good at that very moment.  

I'm not perfect.  I'm not thankful for ADHD just yet. I'm still working on that one. I would like to think that after suffering there is some type of pay day where it makes sense or you end up better than before like a resurrection of sorts.  I'm still waiting on my pay day for suffering through my son's ADHD.   

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving with plenty to eat and great conversation.

0 comments: