twitter


I don't know where the week has gone.  It's been busy around here. On Sunday we didn't do much to celebrate Father's Day. I cooked Randy pancakes and bacon for breakfast and the pasta dish he likes me to make these days for dinner.  In between, I went to church and tennis team matches.  The boys and I made homemade cards for him. 

I've been babysitting my niece Mira three days a week the last two weeks. She is sooo adorable and girly. She is much needier than the boys and it has become a joke in our house that every 30 minutes I hear, "Aunt Winda" in this adorable, girly voice.  Now every time I hear it I start laughing. She isn't here today and our house is so quiet.  It is strange how one extra person makes a difference. The boys are louder when she is here and there is more constant activity.

I had an interview on Tuesday with a company hiring soon.  I was also accepted into the next round of interviews for the company I interviewed with last week.  The next round will be in a couple weeks.

We had a couple look at our house yesterday. It is such a tease! Eight lookers and no offers. I think there are too many choices so couples can be pickier. I spent all morning cleaning and decided when I go back to work the first thing I am doing is hiring my cleaning lady back.  It is crazy how long it takes to clean the entire house. You don't have a choice when you are trying to sell. Otherwise, cleaning only one section of the house a day works well.

I took gift baskets for our charity to the hospital in Joplin yesterday afternoon. I was in a hurry and didn't go to the NICU to visit with the staff.  My sister Donna took Mira for the afternoon to a Naturals baseball game and I let Dane invite himself to go along. It was so hot yesterday I don't know how they made it all afternoon in the heat.  We all met up (along with my sister Carol, Mira's mom) at the mall afterward for Mira to get her ears pierced.  

Today is catch up day. Catching up on emails, errands, and taking a breather. I may start reading a new book.  I still have a few in my bookshelves I haven't read.  I'm holding off on more scrapbooking until my sister Michele visits. 

I've been a bit grumpy lately so yesterday I decided I needed to get back to finding one small thing each day that makes me happy. My thoughts reminded me of my friend Lisa's project to scrapbook a picture each day so I decided to take a photo each day of something that makes me remember to be grateful. Yesterday I was filled with hope since we had a house hunter at our house, I had completed two interviews in the last week, and it's always nice when the house is spotless even if it is only for an hour. I'm anxious too. What will happen first, the house selling or accepting a job? I can already tell you I was very grateful when I woke up this morning to realize I had slept nearly 10 hours straight. I haven't done that in a very long time.  

Yesterday I took this photo to represent the pleasure I got when I walked past my dining room table to see these beautiful, fresh calla lilies.


In addition to this photo I took one more photo last night of something that made me happy. When I redecorated my bedroom one year ago it was the first time I put effort into making our bedroom a retreat. I love when I walk into my room it feels like I am removed from the stresses of the day.  I love opening the curtains and only seeing the tops of trees in what seems like a never ending space.  I love the calming color of the green and the lack of clutter.  When I need to get away I just go into my room and sip a glass of wine, read a book or watch television. 





1 comments:

  1. I love the picture idea. I don't think I could commit to scrapping a pic a day but I could commit to taking a pic every day of something. This morning I took a pic of my cat sleeping on her back, she looked so cute with her paws in the air.