Life Lesson #3
"Never let a girl manipulate you."
Words I thought I wouldn't need to utter for years into the future.
My sweet boy fell head over hills in love with a girl. He has been courting her for months and his intentions are simple, he wants the girl to fall in love with him and express it with a kiss. He came home crying when he heard she was moving thinking he would never see her again. He was relieved when given a dvd with photos of the class and within it was a beautiful photo of the girl so he would, "have something to remember her by."
On the last day of school we had an awards ceremony. Dylan was full of joy to get his first trophy.
But...not all trophies were the same...
The love of Dylan's life (all 6.5 years of it) was using her girl powers to maneuver a trade. After the ceremony, I came upon this scene.
Dylan was torn; he didn't know what to do. I felt honored that he actually confided in me right then and there. He was considering giving up his very first trophy, one that he liked the design of, because of a girl. I should probably insert here that earlier in the school year Dylan took a trophy Dane received in Soccer to school and pretended it was his so he could get recognized during their weekly assembly to "see what it felt like." So, when I hear the girl he has been courting who has received numerous gifts over the last few months is now trying to manipulate his trophy from him I had to step in. So I give him some tough love advice, "Never let a girl manipulate you." I then took the trophy home with me to ease any temptation later in the day that may come his way. Later he said, "Maybe I should have traded for a kiss."
You gotta see this photo of Dylan and his buddies...
Don't they look like three mischievous boys? Every time I look at this photo I laugh.





June 25, 2009
Who says girls are harder? I'm not sure. One things for sure, my girls don't give a hoot about boys yet. Im enjoying that boy free status for as long as possible.