Posted in
Labels:
Community
I know, I know...its been awhile.
I have been super busy with my work-for-a-paycheck- job which I purposefully don't blog about and since I haven't had time to talk about my personal, fun stuff I've been out of touch. We've had a few end of the school year activities I will share later this week since school isn't out for us until Thursday and I want to post it all at the same time.
What I am excited to share today is...
My nonprofit project It's No Monkey Business has reached over 100 moms who are loving their baby(s) in the NICU. We delivered baskets to the Joplin, Mo. NICU this weekend which made our outreach exceed 100! I am thrilled that we have been able to contribute so much in just 9 months!
We are currently supporting the Freeman Hospital in Joplin, Mo., Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo. and other families by request. Our baskets have made it to families in six different hospitals so far. While in Joplin this weekend I was able to see the baby born on Declan's birthday this year barely over one pound at birth. She was placed in the same room as Declan and my friend Karen, a RN at the hospital, told the mom that she had a special angel watching over her baby. Well, it's now June and the baby is doing well and weighing in at right under 3lbs.
It is bitter sweet going back to the hospital bringing back a flood of memories. It's been over a year now since I made that town my home. So many families have come and gone since my time there. I am glad I have found a way to give back based on my experience and hopefully make a difference in a few people's lives...
...all because of this sweet child.
June 14, 2009
Congratulations on 100 baskets! That's a lot of monkey business:) I am so proud of you for starting such a big project!
Love,
Michele