twitter


I don't have much to say in the way of funny or witty but I do have a few life experiences to share.

I received some very warm support after our article on Motherlode was published last week.  I was asked to speak at a bereavement class at Freeman West Hospital.  This was the first time I sat down and talked about our journey in such detail.  Most people we know either lived through it with us or know little about what happened. The class participants made me feel very welcome and relaxed which allowed me to open my heart for the discussion.  The timing of the article and the bereavement discussion seemed appropriate for my state of healing.

You may have heard the Duggar family welcomed number 19 earlier than planned or hoped.  Little Josie is stable according to a statement the family made yesterday.  I made a gift basket for them and sent it via fed ex to the hospital.  I hope they receive it well and feel the warmth of my spirit that went into creating it for them.  This is the first time I mailed a hand made gift basket to a hospital; I hope it makes it in one piece.

I have been checking things off my Christmas list this weekend trying to wrap up all the details.  The kids parties are this week then we are off to spend time with Randy's sisters and brother.  

I went to church this morning and watched my church kiddos perform a cute program.  They did a super job. This is really only note worthy because I have been absent from church for the last two months and requested a break from teaching until January.  It was great to see my church friends again and they were all so sweet to welcome me back without judgment.  I couldn't miss seeing the kids perform. They have a special place in my heart. 

I love working from home for many reasons but one happens to be a little superficial.  I have been getting cold sores since my early 20's. If you get cold sores you know just how horrible it is. I try to track what triggers my cold sores especially a bad case.  I woke up a few days ago with a very bad case of a cold sore outbreak. Maybe the second worse case I have ever had. The worst followed a bad sunburn on my face.  This one was not caused by sun.  Working from home allows me to hide my face from the outside world when I get a cold sore. This week I had too much going on and had to be seen in public. This was a test of endurance for me. I was tempted to cancel all my engagements and hide out but I didn't. I wish I could say I am proud of myself for this but no, all I think is how now people look at me like I must have some sort of disease. 

I try not to post without a photo because I just love photos and how they help tell a story.  So, below you will see me with my friends Amelia and Cheryl with our Flat Stanley Lisa.  Lisa is in Little Rock with her son who in undergoing radiation right now for leukemia.  She couldn't be with us at the annual Retail Link User Group Banquet so Amelia came up with a way for her to be with us.


 

When I think about the last week the word that comes to mind in endurance. Someone told me a while back that I seemed comfortable in my skin.  I almost laughed when I heard it but since I have tried seeing myself through that person's eyes.  This week I channeled that thought and feeling.


1 comments:

  1. I love the Flat Lisa idea! How cute!
    Congratulations on reaching the point in your grieving that you can share your story with others. You rock!