twitter


I received a call from the school notifying me I have a student with a negative balance in their lunch account so I asked, "Which of you didn't pay your lunch bill?" This conversation followed.

Dylan: I didn't.

Me: Where is the money? (imagining how much junk he could have bought at the school store)

Dylan: In my backpack.

Me: If you don't pay your bill they will think you are poor.

Dylan: I know! Isn't it great! (smiling with a devilish pride) Maybe they will give me money.

Me: speechless

Last month he came home from school and told me the "special order lady" is in the hospital. I asked him about this "special order lady." He told me, "The one who makes my special order when I don't like what's on the menu."

He has those lunch ladies wrapped around his finger.

1 comments:

  1. oh, this is too funny to read! This kid is just too darn smart for his own good! I miss you all so much already! luv u! Anita