twitter


Typing this post hoping everyone enjoyed their Christmas Holiday... I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow! I've had a wonderful time with my kids and husband. We have had a much needed break from school and work. 
Randy and I haven't had much time together since I went back to work so us taking a few days off from work has given us a chance to slow down and enjoy each other. 
The boys spent Christmas Eve anxiously awaiting for the next day to arrive. They took over the house with playtime.
 Cookies took over my kitchen
and gift baskets took over my dining room.
Finally evening came and out went the Santa cookies and milk.
On Christmas morning we saw lots of appreciative, happy smiles.
 

 
 
The rest of the morning was spent playing.
 
 
 
 
 
We watched five deer in our backyard for a long time.
 Can you find all five?
We had a very nice day and hope you did too! 

This year we didn't spend a lot of time shopping or decorating feeling like we just weren't into the holiday spirit this year but I realized today driving home from delivering baskets to the Joplin hospital that what we did get into was spending time together.  It wasn't that we didn't have the holiday spirit, we didn't have the commercialized version of the holiday spirit. We actually thoroughly loved each other and enjoyed each other this holiday season; well, when the kids weren't driving us crazy that is ;)

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!




1 comments:

  1. okay, I have read, read, and re-read the blog tonight, as I just had realized it was updated! I have to say I love, love all the pictures and have been "snagging" them! What wonderful memories! I so wish I lived next door! I love you all!

    p.s. Dylan looks like he has a red spot by his eye in some pics....??