twitter


My friend Cheryl hosted our girls night ornament party last night.  Our friend Jean created and hosted what was referred to as the Ornament Party of the year but the last three years we have been rotating with each host putting a slightly different spin on it but keeping true to the core of what the ornament party was created for.  

There are only a few rules...
1. Have fun and fellowship with friends.


2. Bring a fabulous ornament(s).
3. Fight like hell for what you what! (Unlimited trades pretty much require it)


Okay, I really don't know what the rules are, I just made those up.  Last night was more ANYTHING GOES kind of night.  We all laughed so hard all night I'm sure the neighbors could hear us. Soooo many private jokes will be heard for years after last night.  






I won this fabulous ring during the party.  It was one of the many times I screamed during the party. 

I had to fight hard for ornaments last night.  We swapped war stories on what happens when you cave and go back to the tree for the UNKNOWN. I've taken one for the team just like many others have done in the past. I almost caved many times because it just killed me to keep fighting over a materialistic item but it was too fun to stop. It helped that Amelia sat next to me and kept me focused, don't give in to them, she'd say when I would turn and look pitifully willing to give in and I'd get up and take back my ornament.  My tricks weren't working until we got down to business.

Connie took one for the team last night when I agreed to trade the box my ornament came in for the gift bag her's came in. Connie, I'll never forget! Next year it won't be you!  Thanks for putting up with my stubborness!


When I made it back home close to midnight Randy had two words for me, six hours?  He, like all the other spouses, don't get it. 


0 comments: