You've heard a picture is worth a 1,000 words but I say a face is worth a 1,000 words. A face can tell you where you've been but it won't tell you where you are going. There comes a time when you get a look that says, been there done that. I looked up into the bathroom mirror earlier today and saw that look. I saw a woman with a circles, sagging, and wrinkles that say more than I want to admit across my face. I want to embrace the life that is written on my face, the history of it all, but I'm not on the other side yet - the side where you can say your kids are raised and your living it up as retired folks. Ya know, the life my parents are living.
I forced my camera on to my parents, insisting I take their picture and it just so happened that tonight is the night my Dad passes his term as President of the Shrine Club of Bella Vista onto a different member so they were dressed up for the evening's festivities.
When I look at my parents I see the youth in their eyes as though they are holding onto a secret. I see a history I will never come to know.
Thank you for letting me capture a piece of you.








