twitter


Here is another look at my Phoenix trip.
My friend (and co-worker), Cheryl, went on a four hour hike in the mountains while in Phoenix. This was the only view I had of the mountains. 
I enjoyed the resort a lot. Our rooms were big and reminded me of apartments on the outside but like a hotel on the inside. We each had our own room although we didn't spend much time in them. 
The resort was beautiful.
The weather was warm during the day and cool at night. We went for a walk during our free time one day and saw lots of cactus, orange trees, palm trees, beautiful homes, and the resort's golf courses.
The palm trees were huge.
The sunsets were just as pretty as the day time. This photo does no justice to the beauty.

We went out on what I think was referred to as Sunset Peak for a cowboy night. We walked into what looked like a movie set for a western film. It was memorable!
We had line dancing, a band, wonderful food, drinks, and western activities. The best part was that I was in great company!
I work with two of my best friends so work trips feel more like a girls getaway. I have another friend who begins working at our company on Monday and a Florida team building trip in March! So if you are wondering, work is good.
The activities included riding a mechanic bull (I didn't do that), learning how to rope a fake bull (that either), western photos (nor that), line dancing (notta), and shooting a gun (bingo!). 
Let me tell you if the day comes and you need someone on your side for a quick western draw you won't want me there. I am not a natural at gun slinging.
My friend Cheryl, don't mess with her!

Speaking of Cheryl, she got recognized a few times during the awards night and we are all so proud of her!
She also won second place in the 5K run we did one morning in the women's division. Lisa and I did the walk. But look out next year, we'll be doing the hike, bootcamp fitness, and the run! Maybe. We're open to the idea of considering the thought of training for it.

And lastly, this is our Walmart Malt-O-Meal Team!

0 comments: