Dane came home with a report card today. For the semester he has received all A's. He has skated through the first two quarters making it all seem so easy. I have to ask a dozen questions to get anything out of him about his day or how school is going overall. He is so much like his dad; he just doesn't feel the need to share all the details. I'm glad the teachers communicate so much through email or class websites because I'd know even less otherwise.
When I badgered Dylan about where his report was I gave up when I realized he is in year 'round school and should have received his report card before Dane. So, I went to the handy website to pull up his grades...well...let's just say, he went to bed early and won't be getting TV or video game privileges for another 9 weeks. It was that bad. The Total Transformation Program was able to kick in and demonstrate consequences of refusing to do the work. I guess the school's no zero policy isn't as set in stone as they let on (which is how it should be).
When your kids grow up and
I'm pouring another glass of wine now...




