twitter


My sister in law, Anita, posted an adorable story about the day Randy was born on Facebook and I couldn't resist sharing.   What she wrote is much better than anything I can say on his big day today.
"Well, it's almost Valentine's day. I fell in love for the first time on Valentine's day, 1971. 
I was 9. Mom left that morning and went to Poe Clinic in Dexter to deliver a baby, a beautiful baby boy. 
I remember, while she was gone, I anxiously waited with dad, sitting in the living room. He had that worried look on his face and ke...pt glancing out the front window. I didn't understand at the time why.  
We had an old black and white TV, cabinet style of course, in the living room. I remember watching Ben Hur. Much later that afternoon I believe it was Aunt Kathy that drove mom home in her too cool Mustang! 
Mom walked in wearing a tan and brown flowered robe, carrying the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. He was absolutely perfect and had a head full of dark brown hair. His name was Randy Harold and I fell in love at first site!  
I believe I carried him on my hip for the next 3-4 years and adore him to this day!  
Happy 40th birthday Randy! I love you so much!"

1 comments:

  1. awe Linda, I feel so honored that you posted this! You know you are my writing hero! and I love you all so much!