I've been super busy and it has required me to prioritize what gets done and what doesn't. Unfortunately, writing on my blog (although high on enjoyable list) was low on the necessity list in the past week. I'm lucky that my husband has finally adapted to me working again and has been diligent about loading the dish washer and helping with laundry consistently. Otherwise, I'd never get to rest.
We had an adventure last weekend with my sister Michele and her daughter Megan and it has taken me longer to get caught up around my household and work for a paycheck life so I've been unable to write about it. I'm going on another adventure next week for work so my goal is to be caught up with everything on Sunday. I've been eager to write and show photos from my adventure last weekend but doing so will take a couple hours out of my day so it may be Saturday before I get to it. Tonight the boys and I are headed to Fayetteville to see Beakman's World!
We had our first official IEP meeting with Dylan's school which was brutal to sit through as a mother and would love to share what this experience has been like for me. I've known what IEP's are for years and have friends who have sat on both sides of the table so I thought I was prepared. What I wasn't prepared for was the emotional toll of sitting at a table with six people analyzing my son from every aspect of his physical, academic and emotional abilities. No matter what gets said (good or bad) it is high on my most difficult conversations to have. Look for me to share our experience on this in the near future.
For the first time in a long time I just don't have enough hours in the day to do everything I need AND want to do. I find that I over commit to projects and it leaves me exhausted. I wonder if this is common for working mothers or is it just me? I've gotten used to a lifestyle where my hobbies and friends have a nice block in my schedule and I see now how easy it is to push the things out that may appear to be selfish to a working mother. I'm finding it is best to actually write on a calendar when I will fit the things in that appear unnecessary but important to energize me to be a better wife and mother. I need some pleasure to get me through things like IEP meetings. What do you do to ensure you have balance?





February 25, 2011
I "clock out" of motherhood at 9pm most nights. No matter what my house looks like or what needs to be done, I curl up with a book and have my own quiet time. I schedule girls night out every couple of months. Sometimes my scheduled "me" time doesn't happen but I'm ok with that b/c I know it will happen again soon.