twitter


Although you must be tired of me mentioning the snow, it would be odd for me not to write today about a significant event in our town.  We had the largest snow fall on record for a single day. It's all anyone is talking about today. The weather men were predicting 2-5 inches for our area so when morning came and the entire area was getting hit with fast accumulating snow it was startling. I couldn't take my eyes off the news this morning hearing about roads closing, trucks stuck in snow on the highway, and if you slid in the ditch you'd be there for hours because no one could come get you. For the first time where I have lived the mail didn't run due to snow. I'm waiting on The Social Network to arrive in my red Netflix envelop so I was especially disappointed I'm not movie bound tonight.

Seriously, when you get 19" of snow on top of several inches already it loses it's sexy. 
The snow finally stopped this afternoon and when the sun was setting I decided to take a look. It truly seemed like the calm after a storm. 
The kids are now up to 9 snow days this year since they won't be attending tomorrow.  The crazier part to this story is that the temperature may actually hit 60 degrees this weekend. Although, this makes three times in the last seven days that the weather men here were mistaken on their predictions so who knows what will happen this weekend. Seriously, I think its time to invest in better weather software.

0 comments: