twitter


Dane took one of the STAR Reading tests at school last week. I'm not sure how often they take them, maybe once per quarter? He just finished his second quarter in the fourth grade.  In addition to having all A's again his test score for reading was unbelievable. I will quote from the test results because it is just so unbelievable.

This student's Grade Equivalent (GE) score is 9.0. His reading skills are therefore comparable to those of an average ninth grader after the start of the school year. Dane also achieved a national Percentile Rank (PR) of 98. This score is in the above-average range and means that Dane scored greater than 98% of students nationally in the same grade.  

Could I be any prouder?

I wish I could take credit. I may have stuck to the Babywise schedule perfectly and offered an environment conducive to the ultimate brain development but genetics had some to do with it too and in that case...




Randy gets all the credit.

2 comments:

  1. Dane, Congratulations! And don't forget some of that smartness came from your Aunt Mickey...lol!

  1. oh, I am so proud I could bust! I love my boys! hugs, Anita