twitter


Oh, I am overwhelmed and tired so I decided to take a break and say hi to my readers. Tomorrow we are meeting with a Realtor at our home to discuss what our house is worth and the likelihood that it will appeal to the handful of people looking to buy a house in this economy. I do not want to sell my house which is making this a painful process. Our house isn't one with much clutter and it stays pretty clean but getting it ready for strangers to walk in and critique is another story. I've been watching the HGTV shows like Sell This House and House Hunters for tips on how to make my home more friendly to potential buyers. I've also looked online at dozens of houses for sale getting impressions from what other homes look like. Sometimes this helps me see what not to do. I've taken 23 photos to put on the websites Realtors use. See how completely controlling I am, I'm not even waiting for our Realtor to take photos.

We are selling in order to downsize and get a less expensive house. We have been in this house six years and I have put a lot of heart into decorating it. It's big and spacious but more than we need. We are being practical and looking for ways to save money. This would be a big savings if we can successfully sell our house. I am hoping we will get very lucky and someone will fall in love with it as I did. The chances feel like the possibility of winning the lottery with everything going on in Northwest Arkansas. I really need some good karma right now.

When we get the house up on websites I'll post a link in case you know anyone in NWA looking to buy. We've looked some on where we might want to live. There are lots of houses for sale in our price range in the Bentonville school district so we feel confident that when our house sells we'll find another house to call home.

Now, back to cleaning...

3 comments:

  1. I am speechless. Not sure what to say.

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  1. oh Linda, just remember, a house is just a house. Where you all are together as a family, that makes the home! I love you all! Anita