twitter


A boy in El Salvador is turning four years old this Friday, on March 19.  His father passed away so he lives with his mother. He is responsible for running errands but likes to play soccer, play cars, and he likes to run in his free time. Compassion International is making it so that he gets to take a bible class to learn about Jesus' teachings. 


His name is Azael Alexander Padilla.

I am sponsoring him through Compassion International.  I'm a little skeptical about organizations like these but once I saw other bloggers attending Compassion trips and saw the results of sponsorships and donations I decided to do it. I've been sponsoring him for four months and have written to him twice. I have received a letter from him but since he is just turning four he probably doesn't understand who I am and that's okay with me. Even though my $38 per month doesn't get handed over to the mother in cash each month, what Compassion is doing with the money is worth it to me. Compassion is helping 1 million children in 25 countries according to their website. They provide spiritual education, academic education, health care, food and shelter support for these children and their families. I admire the Compassion workers who dedicate their lives to living in underdeveloped countries to help those in need.

Happy Birthday Azael!

1 comments:

  1. Linda how great that you were able to find a boy with Declan's birthday. I will look into this web site. I was very sceptical of where the money actual went myself.
    I have been praying for you. This morning even.
    Love you, Donna