I got the kids into the spirit of St. Patrick's Day this morning with some green eggs, green pancakes, and green milk!
Dylan was more open to green foods than Dane.
On the way to school I gave the lecture on NO PINCHING ANYONE at school. I'm sure the entire staff is on guard looking out for children like Dylan just waiting for the chance to send them to the office to set an example for the rest of the kids.
Dylan said disappointed, 'Why are we wearing green if no one will pinch us if we don't?'
Why can't things be simple like the good 'ole days?
I explained the best I could without cynicism that things aren't like they were when I was a kid. If we didn't wear green it was our own fault and we took the pinching. It was fun! Our parents didn't threaten to sue to school EVER. Then I told them the secret to forgetting to wear green....just say you have on green underwear!




