twitter


I'm nervous. 

It's the big leagues this week for us. The last two weeks were simple and easy to adjust to a slight change in our parenting styles but this week...it's show time.  I've written a lot of notes but where this gets tricky is our homework requires we get our school involved. The reason we are doing this program is for our exercise this week.

I'm nervous. What if this fails?

Week 3 is about parenting roles that lead to accountability.  James talks about three roles 1) Training & Coaching 2) Problem-Solving 3) Limit-Setting.  This week we are to identify a problem behavior, what the desired behavior is, what obstacles are in the way of achieving the appropriate behavior, what skills does he need to develop to achieve the behavior, what coaching role, problem solving and limit setting tools will we use, and what are the action steps (rewards, consequences).  We are to choose one problem behavior to work on for a week. 

Preparing for this task took a lot of time to walk through each piece. I was able to pull thoughts from the first two weeks to develop our plan for teaching Dylan the skills he needs to begin using appropriate behavior. It sounds so easy when I say it but I know it will be very difficult.  In the process of developing the plan I realized we and the school have been enabling him to continue this problem behavior.  If our plan doesn't work I will need to call the parent hotline for help because we won't know what else to do.

The Total Transformation Program continues through seven weeks so I know we will learn a lot more as we progress and I'm sure each week will get more challenging. 

This weekend will begin phase one of my plan and when he goes back to school on Monday it will be the real deal for implementing the lesson.

Pray.


1 comments:

  1. My kids were able to solve their own problems by themselves. Thanks to total transformation program. I know they were on the right track.