I thought I was a spontaneous kind of person but decided not so much. Randy and Dane booked a last minute trip to Florida a couple weeks ago. They both really wanted to go to Universal Studios to check out the new Harry Potter exhibit. I was really excited for them to get to go away and have a guys trip but last Monday I decided that Dylan and I could join the trip as well. So, Monday Dylan and I booked airline tickets through American Airlines using my old air miles back when I had a work-for-a-paycheck-career to speak of and on Thursday morning we all got up and headed to Florida. Randy and Dane flew on a different airline later in the morning and we met up in Florida. The two days prior to leaving I was stressed and decided planning a trip that spontaneous is not my thing. I need months to mentally prepare to be gone. I also panicked that I'd be in an airport with a challenging 8 year old boy and I would eventually need to use the bathroom. The same boy we lost track of four times in one day at Silver Dollar City.
Now that I am home, I will say having flown both as a family and now separately, I have decided flying separately is a much more enjoyable trip.
Thursday evening we surprised the boys by taking them to Mickey's Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. We had secretly packed their costumes. Although, Dane didn't wear his since it was a warm night.
Friday and Saturday we spent at Universal Studios and Island of Adventure. Sunday we packed up and headed home.
It was a quick trip but a good one. Between this trip and all the Silver Dollar City trips, I am theme parked out for the year and hope it is a while before I go to another.
I took very few photos but will share some tomorrow. Until then, here is one in front of the Hogwarts castle.





October 03, 2010
oh, wow! I would have loved to have hid away in a suitcase and went with you guys! I bet it was great fun and I would have loved to have saw the Harry Potter stuff! I want to see tons of pictures! I miss you all and hope to see you soon! luv, Anita