twitter


Randy read my post from yesterday and told me how random the entire thing was and where on Earth were my transitions? I can't remember everything he said but his point was clear. I just took a look at it again and laughed. It was a little crazy - sorry about that!

My goal is to write more on here but I suppose I should keep quality in mind over quantity!

Today I spent a large part of the day working on my charity. I tweaked the brochure that goes into the baskets and printed some at home to get through my next delivery. A & B Reprographics print large quantities for me. I updated my website to reflect the brochure changes, Sean's marathon event, and the prayer list.  I also realized the images of the gift baskets are very old so I added a newer image.  After creating the Facebook page I received two special requests, which I love getting! One request was to a hospital I haven't sent gifts to so I'm including extra goodies for the rest of the NICU as well.

I've had two people approach me about doing a fundrasier party using a home-based business as the event, Stella & Dot Jewelry and Party 31. Both businesses I love so I'm considering doing both. I thought my next fundraiser would be requesting suppliers in the area to host a sample sale since that seems easy. I'm not sure what type of fundraisers most people are eager to participate in so I'd love to hear your opinion on the matter. I have only created one fundraiser since we started the charity due to the generous donations of lots and lots of people. One day I would love to be brave enough to put on a fundraiser that would raise $35,000 to pay for a Giraffe Bed for the Freeman West Hospital NICU. It scares me to dream that big.

Here is a picture of one of the baskets I made today. Kim Oehlerking made 10 adorable monkey blankets for me.  I used all 10 today!  My sister Carol donates all the beautiful crosses made from wire and beads for the baskets and my mom makes all the hats included.

0 comments: