twitter


I created a community page on Facebook for Its No Monkey Business finally.  I'm still trying to get the hang of all the Facebook stuff.  So, if you're on Facebook you and go to the page and "Like" the page or leave a comment. I  also hope to hear from moms who have received our baskets or moms who lived the NICU life and would offer advice on how to improve our giving.  

I had no idea what it meant to have a baby in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) until it happened to me. If you know someone with a baby in a NICU please know that any words of encouragement you can offer is much appreciated. It is a stressful, emotional experience.  As one nurse put it to me, this is not a natural thing to happen. Another NICU mom told me she didn't receive the typical congrats and celebrations when her baby was born into the NICU and I think this sometimes happens because others do not understand what to do since it isn't a natural thing. 

Here is a secret for you if you know someone with a newborn in the NICU...send them a gift for their baby. This tells the parents that you believe their baby will be healthy and blessed and in turn they will believe it too.  Hope and believing is so important during a time like this.