twitter


Dane wasn't thrilled about dying eggs this year for Easter and it didn't even occur to me to buy a kit until a couple days ago.  I think the magic of Easter is fading for at least two of us and Randy never had it. Dylan is in the Easter spirit with the bunny coming and all.  He has the anticipation a child would have at Christmas about the Easter basket business.  He has always gotten excited about the goodies that come in one basket.  

We were talking about Easter baskets yesterday and how when I was a kid all we got was candy so their expectations needed to be lowered.  I say this every year and it doesn't matter, they know they're getting more than candy. The kids gave me a few good quotes this year to remember.  Dane told me he'd leave a tip for the "Easter Bunny" if he'd leave the video game he wants and Dylan said, "Remember that time we had Easter at the hospital with Declan and the Easter Bunny gave me Dora's Easter Egg Hunt video. That was weird. I mean, really, Dora? "  

We used part of our dye kit for a handful of eggs. I bought a really cool kit that was a waste of money because they stopped at dipping them in the color. 

The boys usually dye eggs at my mom's house but in recent years I've been doing it more with them at home too. 

I couldn't believe how much older they seemed this year. As I took a few pictures Dane said, "Time for more fake memories," when I told them to get close and smile.  This is what came from that photo.
That's as evil as Dane gets. He decided to make his own real memories by being silly.
Dylan is saying how crazy Dane is. After taking another picture I said fine, we're done; we can't even make a fake memory.
This was my munchkins four years ago. 
Happy Easter weekend everyone!

0 comments: