A few days ago, my sister Michele invited the boys to her condo so Randy and I could go out to dinner on a date for a belated anniversary. It wasn't a great night to go out since it was storming and we found out two days earlier that we needed to go to a school meeting for pre-AP and AP program in Bentonville but we still were able to go to dinner and enjoy ourselves afterwards. We really needed it!
On the way to my sister's this is a conversation I had with Dylan.
Me: You need to behave well at Michele's.
Dylan: okay
Me: You need to be very safe while you are there.
Dylan: You mean you aren't staying there with us?
I found this very funny. My interpretation of his thinking during this conversation is this.
Me: You need to behave well at Michele's.
Dylan: Mom doesn't want me to embarrass her.
Me: You need to be very safe while you are there.
Dylan: Mom won't be there to make sure I don't do anything stupid to injure myself.




