I love comments and questions after you read a post. I love comments actually posted on the blog even more! Sorry, I couldn't help but say it. My sister-in-law Anita posted a wonderful comment on my March 19, post and I've been intending to email her answers to all the questions and thoughts pondered and decided to just do it in a post for fun. You can read her comment here.
Dylan picked out the yellow roses from Hobby Lobby the week before our plan to go to the cemetery. When I asked if he was sure about the bunch and tried coaxing him to the single stemmed flower section he insisted he was getting those and not changing his mind. Randy walked up and agreed, he loved the bunch Dylan picked out. Since I'm doing so well at giving up control I went with it and we didn't match all the flowers we picked out.
We walked through the lawn and garden section of Hobby Lobby just for fun to look around and Dylan saw a display of dogs. He showed me one and asked if he could get it for the cemetery and when I said yes, he went back to get the beagle and said, this one is smoother and better. He was very proud to have the dog for Declan.
Randy's jeans were purchased with the distressed pocket. :)
There are a few items behind Declan's stone. There are a couple stone baby angels and a garden angel. The teddy bear looking on belongs to a baby girl who passed away a week after Declan.
Dylan picked out a black balloon for the balloon release. He is the only one who would have a strong opinion about the color so I made sure he got a choice before ordering all the balloons. I agree, he is very deep. Another interesting fact: Dylan tied an artificial flower to the string of his balloon and we were surprised that it still went up just as fast as the others.
I actually purchased an extra balloon just in case one popped in the car so I was holding two balloons and pretending one was Randy's but he released the one he was holding while taking the picture after ours went up. It was neat to see one balloon going up after all the others released.
Dane did pick the purple balloon. The interesting part is that I was ordering the balloons to have a sampling of colors and when Dylan's black balloon threw off my even count I ordered one purple balloon. That was the balloon Dane insisted on releasing.
Thanks so much for the fun questions and thoughts on that post Anita!





April 08, 2011
thank you, thank you Linda! I loved getting the answers! Your blog helps me to feel like I am much closer in distance than I am and gives me a little peak into the windows of your lives! I love it!!