When I volunteered to take pictures of my friend Cheryl's daughter before prom with her date it sounded like a lot of fun and a great opportunity to practice my photography. When I left I realized it was so much more.
I was able to be a part of something so special.
Not only was it a magical night for a girl going to her first prom but two sets of parents sending their youngest child off to prom. I was able to relate to the parents more so than the teenagers.
I get so emotionally involved in everyone I shoot, can you tell? I'm tearing up just thinking about last night and how special it all was.
Did you notice the picture at the top of all the girls? We were in a hurry during the shoot and I didn't even notice until I loaded the images on my computer that all the girls were holding hands. I love that image.
Lastly, I had to share this picture. Either I grew up in a cheap, trashy town or a lot has changed since I went to my prom. I never looked so classy and the bling is perfect. All the girls were very golden globe red carpet ready.










