There was an incident with Dane's behavior today that was less than desirable so I had him write 25 things he is grateful for. It is frustrating for me that he doesn't have more gratitude for the life we have created for him. I do not want to raise a man who cannot see the bright side of a situation. Maybe I am expecting too much from a 10 year old boy but I have decided to pick my battle on this one.
Dane wrote his list of gratitude for me.
And don't you just love this one?
Obviously, he isn't grateful for my expectations of him. He said I'd be too hard on him and work him too hard if I home schooled him.
Isn't parenting fun!?!







May 31, 2010
omg, please scan a copy of that so I can read the whole list! That is too funny! The whole thing is our own faults. When we were little we never went anywhere, rarely had any sugar, shared a bike between 4 kids, and played with sticks at times! Ronnie took apart everything we ever had and of course, no air conditioning until Randy was born, and we were made to sit outside for hours at a time! You might want to give them a day in 1970 and see if that helps perspective!! I would love to be there, as I did it once to Matt, but he actually is still a spoiled brat! lol