twitter



Yes, I am a proud mama on Mother's Day weekend. I've convinced my kids Mother's Day is a weekend long event. :)

I'm soooo excited for Dane today...


We've tried a lot of sports over the years and tennis is the one sport I think works best for his personality. 




Today, Dane played in his first tennis tournament. 



He was very nervous at first and got shook up on his first match when his opponent won the first set and then he gave away the second from being so discouraged.


Once he began his second match he was back to normal and played hard. 


He took a break to relax before playing in the third match for the day. He was playing for the 3rd place trophy.  I think I was more excited than he was.
I asked him why he didn't seem too excited when we got to the car and he said, "Mom, you told me not to act really excited if I won." He is such a sweet kid. 

You wanna know why else I am a proud mama today?


I have avoided taking Dylan to the Pinnacle courts because I wanted to avoid any potential embarrassing situations.  We've run ourselves out of the Bella Vista courts due to Dylan's behavior so I have been trying to pretend we are very normal and deserving to be a part of Pinnacle. But today, Dylan was on his best behavior and all went smoothly for four hours! It is possible he set a record today. 


He watched Dane play, he played by the pond, he played with balls, he played with other kids, he read, and he played in the drainage ditch. All without incident!

So yes, I am a proud mama on my Mother's Day weekend!




1 comments:

  1. oh, I hate reading about stuff like this that I have to miss! I swear I am moving by you guys soon! lol I am so proud of the boys and so proud of the job you have done with them! I can't wait to see Dane's trophy! I know raising 1 boy was hard, so I can imagine 2 is double the work! lol I love you all so much! Anita