Last week I told Randy all I wanted was breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. I haven't received breakfast in bed since I was around eight years old. His response was, "Don't put that kind of pressure on me." I braced myself for a bad Mother's Day weekend.
This morning Randy did not disappoint. He and Dane made me a big breakfast. Randy, Dane and Dylan delivered the breakfast to me in bed and Dylan jumped in bed to help me eat it. Since I've been dieting Randy made sure it was full of gut aching calories. I had eggs, bacon, hash browns and coffee. It was delicious. I woke to the sound of cabinets and drawers being opened and closed numerous times and I felt guilty over all the fuss just for me.
I delivered flowers and a homemade card to my mom and then Dane and I were off to tennis. Randy laid around all day exhausted from him efforts at making my breakfast in bed special. :) Instead of cooking tonight Randy got pizza and everyone was happy with dinner which made me happy.
The boys made an effort in being nice to me all weekend and even when Dylan told me he wanted to go live with Grammie he said it so politely.
Dane brought this gift home from school on Friday and said, "Here, this is for you mom. I think it's a weed."
Dylan proudly brought this home for me on Friday. The top line says, YTBMITU. It stands for you're the best mom in the universe.
The rolled up scroll says, "My mom is special because (fill in blank) she gave me life.
The next line says, "I love my mom because (fill in blank) the same thing.
Dylan isn't a boy of many words but when he speaks it is something.
My mother gave the boys to give me three roses, one for each of the children I birthed and love. She is very thoughtful as usual.
I spent part of my evening reading my blog book from when Declan was born covering his short life on Earth. I read through each entry with the ability to feel like I was in the moment. At some points I thought I could smell the hospital and the Ronald McDonald House. Reading through the thoughts and events was as real as if they occurred yesterday. It was nice to feel close to Declan even though he is not here.
I hope you had a nice Mother's Day weekend. I convinced my kids that it was a weekend long event, not just one day. My goal is to raise them to be good husbands and fathers.




