Dane had his Lewis & Clark field trip today to learn and experience the joy of exploring the outdoors.
Sponsored by Lewis & Clark Outfitters.
First, the kids learned about boat and kayak safety. What to do in different types of waters, how to recognize certain risk areas, and how to get yourself out of a sticky situation.
Second, they took to the kayaks.
The kids climbed a rock wall.
Dane is the one at the bottom. He didn't make it too far before he chickened out. Then he regretted it and wanted to try again so I promised to take him back this weekend to try again.
Lastly, we discussed what to take on a several day hike, why we take certain items, and some tricks to hiking. I was so impressed with all the cool gadgets it made me want to take up hiking.
A fun and hot day!










May 27, 2010
I am amazed at what the boys are exposed to compared to what we were exposed to at these same ages! They are amazing! I miss, miss you all so much! luv, Anita