twitter


I was up until 1:30am reading a book called, I Will Carry You. A lovely woman by the name of Angie Smith wrote this beautiful testament to love and faith. It is one of the most honest and heartfelt writings I've been honored to read. I feel as though I know her although we have never spoke nor met.  The season in her life that changed who she is overlapped with my own life altering season. I grew strength from her strength as we walked similar paths at the same moment in time. 

Angie and a jewelry designer created a piece of jewelry in memory of Angie's daughter, Audrey Caroline, representing she had weight in this world.  The piece is called marked by love. So many mothers before me and many after me suffer in silence over a loss of a child. A mother who has lost a child simply wants others to remember that there was this life here on Earth that may have been short but was significant. A mother wants to know that her child had some weight in this world and wants others to recognize this weight.

I found this is my mailbox over the weekend...


Words cannot describe the love I felt knowing what was inside this box.  Less than a handful of people in my life know me well enough to know what this gift would mean to me.  

 Isn't it lovely?

 

This piece is a 1" hand-cast sterling pendant that feels heavy when you hold it - it has weight reminding the person wearing it that the one who was marked by love had weight in this world. I adore the added pearl.

At dinner last night we said grace and began eating. I took pause and reminded my family that while we were laughing and enjoying our dinner there were people in sorrow and we needed to feel gratitude in that moment for our blessings and that we needed to acknowledge the suffering of others. 

Over the weekend a family mourns the pending loss of a child, a family worries over a child's illness, a family grieves over the anniversary that brought the loss of both parents one year ago. 

I ask that you remember today and everyday that we all have weight in this world. 

Thank you Lisa, for having insight into my soul, and the kindness and fortitude to act upon it.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I cannot wait to read the book. And I love the jewelry. I think of Declan every day; he is always in my heart. Every time Emily receives a balloon at a party, she sends it to Declan. We have sent him quite a few lately!
    God Bless.
    Love,
    Michele

  1. Just beautiful! Anita